About Mama Bear Restorations, Inc.
“Saving the world, one shoreline at a time” has become our motto. The shared commitment
of what that motto means is the concept that bonds us. We are a company of seasoned professionals from various aspects of the ecology community: natural resources management; landscape architecture; horticulture and gardening; geology, earth sciences, and oceanography; and community participation in planning for a sustainable natural world.
Each of us has a deep sense of place for Northwest Michigan and, in particular, the Glen Lake and Sleeping Bear Dunes area. In addition to our natural resources backgrounds, we are experienced in many phases of communications and the arts: writing, photography, painting, graphics, and creative movement.
We’re also parents & grandparents and aunts & uncles and former teachers who want to leave a legacy of a healthy, safe, and inspiring natural world for those who come after us. Our synergy has created an impressive and effective toolbox for a field—natural resources restoration—that is part science and part art. Our work is iterative and integrative, meaning we relish the opportunity to continually learn and apply both ideas and techniques. For us, it’s all about quality.
- Jody Marquis, Founder and CEO (aka Mama Bear)
- Laurel Voran, Director of Restoration Services
- Jan Matthews, Senior Restoration Specialist
- Kathy Coffin-Sheard, Restoration Specialist
- Steve Danilowicz, Modern Landscaping
- Richard Curtis, Retired Mama Bear Restorations staff and continuing Consultant
Mama Bear Restorations works with:
- Glen Lake Association
- Glen Lake High School Envirothon Team
- Leelanau Conservancy
- Leelanau County Parks and Recreation Commission
- Michigan Natural Features Inventory of Michigan State University
- United States Fish and Wildlife Service
Contact Mama Bear Restorations
- 231-941-5158 office
- 231-499-5421 cell